- Kentucky downs LSU 10-2 to take rubber match
- Matt Canada’s offense flashed the new bells and whistles in Spring Game, but LSU’s quarterbacks still struggled
- “It was a defensive night” | Dave Aranda’s defense dominates in spring game
- LSU lands commitments from trio of Georgia defenders
- LSU defeats Kentucky 4-3 to split double header
LSU lands JUCO combo guard Daryl Edwards
Edwards shot 47 percent from 3 at Northwest Florida State College a year ago
By CODY WORSHAM | Tiger Rag Editor
Will Wade’s top-25 2017 recruiting class got stronger Wednesday with the addition of junior college marksman Daryl Edwards, who committed to the Tigers after visiting LSU last weekend.
Edwards averaged 13.6 points per game and shot 46.6 percent from 3 to help lead Steve De Meo’s Northwest Florida State College team to the NJCAA Final Four. The Raiders finished the season 29-5 and were a perfect 12-0 in the Pandhandle Conference.
“He’s good with the ball in the hands, creating for others and creating for himself,” DeMeo told Tiger Rag last week. “He’s a dynamic, clutch player. He makes a lot of shots, and he makes a lot of game winners.
“Anytime we had a crunch time play, we put the ball in his hands.”
Edwards described his visit to LSU as “amazing” and said his familiarity with Wade – who has recruited him since Wade was head coach at Chattanooga from 2013-2015 – was key in his decision.
“Coach Wade being there, that alone was a big factor,” said Edwards. “Coach Wade, I’ve been knowing him for five or six years. As soon as he got there, (LSU) was already moving up the charts.”
According to Edwards, Wade talked to him about running the point and providing leadership, critical to a team looking to bounce back off a 10-21 season.
Edwards also cited a comfort with assistant coach Greg Heiar, who Edwards said ran him through a “crazy” workout, as part of his decision.
“He plays a big role,” Edwards said. “Skill development, all that stuff. That’s one of the biggest things that was a factor in me going to my schools. I feel like I can get a lot better playing with GH. He’s a good dude on top of that. Only makes working out with someone that much better.”
Highlights: Daryl Edwards
Latest posts by Cody Worsham (see all)
- “It was a defensive night” | Dave Aranda’s defense dominates in spring game - April 22, 2017
- Tasmin Mitchell returns to LSU with a new role, but the same passion for the Tigers - April 20, 2017
- LSU lands JUCO combo guard Daryl Edwards - April 18, 2017
- Juco combo guard Daryl Edwards recaps his “amazing” LSU visit - April 18, 2017
- Gymnastics wins three titles en route to Super Six berth - April 15, 2017