COLUMBIA, S.C. – LSU’s beach volleyball team won both its Saturday matches, including a win over No. 15 Pepperdine, at the Gamecock Grand Slam and improved to 13-0 on the season.
“Today was a really good day,” LSU beach volleyball coach Russell Brock said. “Coming into the weekend, we knew we had four tough matchups and the weather would be bad and we would have to play well. To come out of the Pepperdine match with a win and play well in the elements was a real testament to the work the girls are putting in.”
LSU (13-0) swept Louisiana-Monroe, 5-0, and finished undefeated at the Gamecock Grand Slam. The win against No. 15 Pepperdine marked the fourth ranked team LSU has beaten this season in route to its program record 13-0 start.
“Couldn’t be prouder of how the girls played,” said Brock. “They worked really hard and stayed focused in challenging situations. We’re looking forward to spring break to get some work in before going to a big event in Gulf Shores next weekend.”
LSU’s 4-1 win over Pepperdine was highlighted on Court 4 with the pair of Grace Seits and Kelli Greene-Agnew setting the tone in a 21-11 and 21-19 win. On Court 5, Sierra Caffo and Ellie Shank also won, 21-12 and 21-18, to put LSU up 2-0 in the match.
On Court 2, the pair of Kylie Deberg and Parker Bracken continued their fantastic season, winning 21-19 and 22-20 to clinch the match for the Tigers. Finally, on Court 3, Holly Carlton and Reilly Allred were able to win in three sets. After winning the first, 21-16, and dropping the second, 21-19, the pair won the third set, 15-10, as LSU walked away with another victory against a ranked opponent.
LSU’s 5-0 sweep over ULM came in straight sets.
No. 5 LSU 4, No. 15 Pepperdine 1
- Paul, Melanie/Shields, Madison (PEP) def. Ashlyn Rasnick-Pope/Bella Bauman (LSU) 23-21, 21-14
- Parker Bracken/Kylie Deberg (LSU) def. Priebe, Simone/Thomas, McKenna (PEP) 21-19, 22-20
- Reilly Allred/Holly Carlton (LSU) def. Quintero, Juju/Lewis, Peyton (PEP) 21-16, 19-21, 15-10
- Kelli Greene-Agnew/Grace Seits (LSU) def. Frohoff, Rio/Baklenko, Cameron (PEP) 21-11, 21-19
- Sierra Caffo/Ellie Shank (LSU) def. Clermont, Kate/Benoit, Jordan (PEP) 21-12, 21-18
Ext. Sinclair, Mary/Greene, Savana (PEP) def. Allison Coens/Lara Boos (LSU) 21-17, 21-16
No. 5 LSU 5, ULM 0
- Ashlyn Rasnick-Pope/Bella Bauman (LSU) def. Brooks, Audrey/Blazek, Julia (ULM) 21-10, 21-17
- Parker Bracken/Kylie Deberg (LSU) def. Moreland, Elizabeth/Hoven, Brooke (ULM) 21-10, 21-15
- Holly Carlton/Reilly Allred (LSU) def. Gallant, Kayla/Adams, Rylin (ULM) 21-18, 21-15
- Ellie Shank/Sierra Caffo (LSU) def. Gray, Madison/Nowak, Kaitlyn (ULM) 21-9, 21-13
- Allison Coens/Lara Boos (LSU) def. Bufkin, Abbey/Elder, Abigail (ULM) 21-12, 21-14