- “Heartbreaking” | Danny Etling moving forward after a painful weekend
- Ed Orgeron: Davon Godchaux’s suspension lifted; Leonard Fournette a “game-time decision” for Saturday
- EBR District Attorney: Davon Godchaux won’t be charged after arrest Monday
- “It’s certainly nice on the body” | Interim coach Ed Orgeron’s refresing new approach to practice
- LSU defensive end Davon Godchaux suspended indefinitely after arrest Monday
Report: Leonard Fournette insured by two $10 million policies
By CODY WORSHAM
Tiger Rag Editor
A story from CBS on Thursday revealed LSU running back Leonard Fournette was covered by two separate $10 million insurance policies, a safeguard against injury or other stock-decreasing factors before he embarks on a professional career.
“I don’t think about it,” Fournette told CBS Sports. “This is the second time I’m actually talking about it. I leave everything in God’s hands.”
One policy protects Fournette in case of injury, like ones suffered by prior SEC stalwarts Marcus Lattimore and Todd Gurley, whose pro careers went in opposite directions. The other protects Fournette should something cause him to fall in the NFL Draft, perhaps a safety net in case of a La’El Collins-like draft day disaster, when the former Tiger went unselected due to a dubious connection to a murder he was later cleared of any connection to.
The story also mentions former LSU quarterback JaMarcus Russell, citing a source that claimed the No. 1 pick in the 2007 NFL Draft was insured for $20 million while in college.
Latest posts by Cody Worsham (see all)
- “Heartbreaking” | Danny Etling moving forward after a painful weekend - September 29, 2016
- Ed Orgeron eager to “flip the script” as LSU’s head coach - September 26, 2016
- WORSHAM: Les Miles’ bad timing finally cost him - September 25, 2016
- ENGSTER: LSU performing better on signing day than on game day - September 25, 2016
- LSU names Ed Orgeron named interim head coach - September 25, 2016