- Dwayne Thomas: LSU will “dominate” top-ranked Alabama on Nov. 5
- Quarterback Competition | Jalyn Patterson, Skylar Mays competing for point guard minutes
- Notebook: Corey Thompson will redshirt and apply for sixth year of NCAA eligibility, Ed Orgeron says
- Practice Report: Bye Week Edition
- Ed Orgeron at NOLA QB Club: “Hell yeah” LSU has enough depth to hang with Alabama
Report: Leonard Fournette insured by two $10 million policies
By CODY WORSHAM
Tiger Rag Editor
A story from CBS on Thursday revealed LSU running back Leonard Fournette was covered by two separate $10 million insurance policies, a safeguard against injury or other stock-decreasing factors before he embarks on a professional career.
“I don’t think about it,” Fournette told CBS Sports. “This is the second time I’m actually talking about it. I leave everything in God’s hands.”
One policy protects Fournette in case of injury, like ones suffered by prior SEC stalwarts Marcus Lattimore and Todd Gurley, whose pro careers went in opposite directions. The other protects Fournette should something cause him to fall in the NFL Draft, perhaps a safety net in case of a La’El Collins-like draft day disaster, when the former Tiger went unselected due to a dubious connection to a murder he was later cleared of any connection to.
The story also mentions former LSU quarterback JaMarcus Russell, citing a source that claimed the No. 1 pick in the 2007 NFL Draft was insured for $20 million while in college.
Latest posts by Cody Worsham (see all)
- Quarterback Competition | Jalyn Patterson, Skylar Mays competing for point guard minutes - October 26, 2016
- Buga is Back: Leonard Fournette’s record-setting night powers LSU’s 38-21 win over Ole Miss - October 22, 2016
- LSU hosts 2017 sharpshooter Rylan Bergersen - October 22, 2016
- TIGER RAG PODCAST: 10-18-2016, Hour Two - October 20, 2016
- TIGER RAG PODCAST: 10-18-2016, Hour One - October 20, 2016