- Kentucky downs LSU 10-2 to take rubber match
- Matt Canada’s offense flashed the new bells and whistles in Spring Game, but LSU’s quarterbacks still struggled
- “It was a defensive night” | Dave Aranda’s defense dominates in spring game
- LSU lands commitments from trio of Georgia defenders
- LSU defeats Kentucky 4-3 to split double header
Report: Leonard Fournette insured by two $10 million policies
By CODY WORSHAM
Tiger Rag Editor
A story from CBS on Thursday revealed LSU running back Leonard Fournette was covered by two separate $10 million insurance policies, a safeguard against injury or other stock-decreasing factors before he embarks on a professional career.
“I don’t think about it,” Fournette told CBS Sports. “This is the second time I’m actually talking about it. I leave everything in God’s hands.”
One policy protects Fournette in case of injury, like ones suffered by prior SEC stalwarts Marcus Lattimore and Todd Gurley, whose pro careers went in opposite directions. The other protects Fournette should something cause him to fall in the NFL Draft, perhaps a safety net in case of a La’El Collins-like draft day disaster, when the former Tiger went unselected due to a dubious connection to a murder he was later cleared of any connection to.
The story also mentions former LSU quarterback JaMarcus Russell, citing a source that claimed the No. 1 pick in the 2007 NFL Draft was insured for $20 million while in college.
Latest posts by Cody Worsham (see all)
- “It was a defensive night” | Dave Aranda’s defense dominates in spring game - April 22, 2017
- Tasmin Mitchell returns to LSU with a new role, but the same passion for the Tigers - April 20, 2017
- LSU lands JUCO combo guard Daryl Edwards - April 18, 2017
- Juco combo guard Daryl Edwards recaps his “amazing” LSU visit - April 18, 2017
- Gymnastics wins three titles en route to Super Six berth - April 15, 2017