- GUILBEAU: Clemson basically bleeds Crimson even after beating Bama
- LSU will end tradition of bringing live tiger into stadium for football games
- Nose tackle Travonte Valentine dismissed from LSU
- LSU loses fourth straight, sixth in seven games, in 78-74 defeat at Auburn
- WORSHAM: Johnny Jones under fire amid LSU’s losing skid
Report: Leonard Fournette insured by two $10 million policies
By CODY WORSHAM
Tiger Rag Editor
A story from CBS on Thursday revealed LSU running back Leonard Fournette was covered by two separate $10 million insurance policies, a safeguard against injury or other stock-decreasing factors before he embarks on a professional career.
“I don’t think about it,” Fournette told CBS Sports. “This is the second time I’m actually talking about it. I leave everything in God’s hands.”
One policy protects Fournette in case of injury, like ones suffered by prior SEC stalwarts Marcus Lattimore and Todd Gurley, whose pro careers went in opposite directions. The other protects Fournette should something cause him to fall in the NFL Draft, perhaps a safety net in case of a La’El Collins-like draft day disaster, when the former Tiger went unselected due to a dubious connection to a murder he was later cleared of any connection to.
The story also mentions former LSU quarterback JaMarcus Russell, citing a source that claimed the No. 1 pick in the 2007 NFL Draft was insured for $20 million while in college.
Latest posts by Cody Worsham (see all)
- LSU loses fourth straight, sixth in seven games, in 78-74 defeat at Auburn - January 18, 2017
- WORSHAM: Johnny Jones under fire amid LSU’s losing skid - January 18, 2017
- Ex-Tiger Corban Collins sinks LSU with three-point barrage as Tigers fall to Alabama 81-66 - January 14, 2017
- Tiger Rag Podcast: 1-10-17, Hour Two - January 12, 2017
- Tiger Rag Podcast: 1-10-17, Hour One - January 12, 2017