Photo Gallery: LSU spring practice
Scenes from the Ponderosa as the Tigers get going
There’s good reason to smile for rising sophomore Tyrann Mathieu, pictured left. He’s slated to be a starter on a top-flight team in 2011, plus he’s picked up a new number on that jersey (photo by Jay Potter).
By BEN LOVE
Tiger Rag Editor
With LSU spring practice set to enter Week Two later today at the Charles McClendon Practice Facility, it’s time to post our photo gallery — a collection of still frames shot at Saturday morning’s session.
There’s a wide array of players and positions represented below, including newcomers Zach Mettenberger (QB) and Anthony “Freak” Johnson (DT) as well as some mainstays like Mo Claiborne (CB), Michael Brockers (DT) and running backs Michael Ford and Spencer Ware.
We hope you enjoy the lens work of Jay Potter!
But before the photos, here’s a legend to help with who all you’re seeing in each shot.
Photo Gallery Legend
1. QBs Jordan Jefferson (9), Jarrett Lee (12) and Zach Mettenberger (8)
2. QB Zach Mettenberger (8) lets one fly
3. DT Anthony Johnson (56) rips through a drill
4. DT Anthony Johnson (56)
5. CB Mo Claiborne (17) looks up at a lobbed ball
6. S Craig Loston (6) gets hits mitts around the football
7. WR James Wright (82) snares a ball in practice
8. DE Lavar Edwards (89) towels off after a drill
9. CB Tyrann Mathieu (7) climbs the ladder
10. RB Spencer Ware (11) works on his blocking
11. The D-Line pushes a sled. DE Sam Montgomery (99) is closest, new special teams coordinator Thomas McCaughey is in the background, under the Tiger Rag sign, standing next to Brick Haley
12. OT Chris Faulk (76) gets a word in with Coach Greg Studrawa
13. RB Alfred Blue (4) is more on the receiving end of a word with Coach Frank Wilson
14. RB Michael Ford (42) flashes some big-time biceps
15. DT Michael Brockers (90)
16. CB Tharold Simon (24) leaps out of the frame to go up and get it